When it comes to letting go of negativity and feelings of depression, there is nothing quite like the healing properties and benefits of laughter. Having a sense of humor not only helps to make life more fun but the more we learn to laugh at life and at ourselves, the easier it can become to face up to our challenges and overcome times of adversity. It is one of the ways to put back the sparkle into our lives.
Here are few ways in which laughter can help you lead a healthy life :
- Pain Management – Laughter activates our body’s opiate receptors and acts as mild sedative, something like runner’s high. Also, diverts the mind.
- Medical Health – Laughter activates our body’s opiate receptors and acts as mild sedative. Also, diverts the mind.
- Fun Workout – Laughter having a hearty laugh for 15 minutes can burn around 50 calories.
- Mental Health & Wellbeing – Laughter helps release stress and offers a change of momentum to a dull day.
- Social Benefits – Laughter encourages positive emotional health and ensures better communication of ideas.
So, decide that from today you will laugh more. Laugh at the little things, laugh off the seemingly big things, share in others laughter and let it spread like wildfire. Remember, a sense of humor is for free, but with it, you can help to heal and change your life and the life of others.
Categories: Mental Health