Applying the correct time management skills and tips can help you get more organized and increase productivity. The more of these tools you learn to use, the more that you will get done each day. Here are some time management tips for you. Follow these closely and you’ll be well on your way to becoming the most productive person you know.
- Time Block Your Day – Schedule your day in time blocks for tasks rather than just have a to-do list.
- Schedule in Buffer Time – Give yourself time for things to go wrong.
- You Can’t Always be Productive – You can’t always be productive so don’t waste time dwelling on it and beating yourself up.
- You Can’t Work All Day – You need to rest, don’t plan to work all day give yourself time to recharge.
- Multitasking Doesn’t Work – Just do one thing at a time.
- Set Deadlines – You’re more likely to get your work done if you have a deadline to work towards.
- Set Up a Routine and Stick to It – Set up a work routine to give your days more structure.
- Just Get Going – Just start working, even if its a small task.
- Prioritise Prioritise Prioritise – There isn’t time to do everything so make sure you know what’s most important.
- Group Meetings Into Blocks – Schedule all of your meetings at once to save on procrastination and travelling time.
- Work in Sprints – Work in short bursts with breaks in between rather than long slogs.
- Break Down Tasks – Break down your work into tasks you can do in one session.
- Always Take Notes – Don’t rely on remembering everything you need to, write it down.
- File Things Where You’ll Find Them – Make it easy for yourself to find your work and notes in the future.
- Automate What You Can, Batch What You Can’t – Spend the time automating all of the tasks you can and do all of the rest in batches.
- Block Out Distractions, Don’t Rely on Will Power – Turn off your notifications and block out anything else that might distract you.
Which time management skills do you use? Let me know in the comments section.
Categories: Personal Development