Did you know your outlook determines how you live your life? A positive person tends to be happier and successful, while a negative person tends to be unhappy and less successful. Why is this? It’s because positive thinking allows you to see the possibilities in life. You are never limited. This is just one of the benefits of positive thinking.
Positive thinking is a mental attitude that anticipates happiness, success and favorable outcomes in every situation or action you do. The thoughts get registered in your subconscious mind and you start taking action to create favorable change. A positive outlook can help you to cope better with stressful situations and can change your life for the better. Here are some other benefits of positive thinking :
- Longer Life – According to Mayo Clinic, optimists have a 50% lower risk of early death than pessimists. If you want to live a long life, you need to start thinking positively.
- Less Stress – Worrying is a form of negative thinking. Worrying also leads to more stress. The more you worry about the outcome of an event, the more stress you place upon yourself. Be confident and positive that things will work out and you will experience less stress.
- Better Sleep – If you are less worries about the day to day events in your life, you will be more relaxed at night. This means you will fall asleep faster and stay asleep too. The more stressed you are, the more restless sleep you will experience. By staying positive, you fend off stress and worry, allowing for better sleep.
- Improved Immunity – In a study by Carnegie Mellon, researchers have participants the cold or flu virus. The positive thinking people that were affected with the virus reported fewer symptoms and they produced less mucous. The positive thinking group even had fewer participants get sick.
- More Appreciative of Little Things in Life – When you think positively, you appreciate the little things in life that make life so great. When you are thankful for these things, you keep yourself in a positive mindset and that helps to ward off negative thoughts.
- High Self Esteem – When you are a positive person, you see the potential you have inside you. As a result, you carry yourself in a better light and have a higher self esteem than if you are a pessimist.
- More Success – Positive thinking people tend to reject fear and take more action than negative thinking people. The fact that a positive person acts is why they tend to be more successful than their negative thinking counterparts. After all, as the old say goes, you’ll never make a shot you don’t take. In other words, if you just sit on the sidelines, you will never experience success. Yes you will fail at times, but if you learn from your mistakes, it just increases your odds of success.
You cannot change your thoughts and attitude overnight. Positive thinking takes practice. Persistence would make your mind to think positively and ignore negative thoughts.
Categories: Mental Health