The principle of “taking care of self” is such an important principle for a balanced, happy, peaceful and healthy life. Self care is not selfish. Practicing self-care and self-love has become an essential part of my life and it has helped me stay upbeat and true to myself despite all the setbacks and obstacles life has thrown my way. It never ceases to amaze me how grounding and rewarding a few simple habits of self-care can be. I’ve never felt so at peace with myself and my life and it gets better every single day.
Developing a nurturing self-care is super easy and fun to do. It’s best to experiment a bit to figure out what feels right for you. Here are a few things you can do for self care :
- Listen to Music – Music can help uplift your mood. Create a happy playlist in advance so you have it ready to use when you need it most.
- Go & Play – Is there anything you love to fo but don’t make time for any more? Call a friend and make a plan to play.
- Learn Something New – Learn something to help your self development. You can find lots of free courses online in subjects such as nutrition, confidence, fitness and more.
- Get Artistic – This is a fantastic way to express your emotions and can be very therapeutic. Affordable art supplies can be picked up from discount shops.
- Get it Down on Paper – Writing is another therapeutic outlet and a fab way to clear your head. All you need is a pen and paper to get started and let the thoughts flow out.
“If you aren’t good at loving yourself, you will have a difficult time loving anyone, since you’ll resent the time and energy you give another person that you aren’t even giving to yourself.” – Barbara De Angelis
Categories: Personal Development