Sometimes stepping out of one’s comfort zone can amount to a huge phase shift in life, like taking a new job or starting a relationship. Other times the act can be as simple as forgoing a daily routine to do something new and different like socializing with coworkers after hours or finally taking the step to cook more at home. Whatever the case may be, stepping outside of one’s comfort zone is usually a healthy and rewarding experience.
Yes, moving out of your comfort zone is scary but here are few ways in which you can make it simpler and easy :
- Get Information – Information is power. And the more you know about something, the less scary and more powerful you’ll feel.
- Have a Plan – Write down a step-by-step blueprint for how you’re going to break through your comfort zone. You start with the easiest thing to do. Then you create a plan to get to each level.
- Hold Yourself Accountable – You want to tell your friends and family about what you’re trying to do. Or you can even find an accountability partner or form a mastermind group.
- Take Baby Steps – Taking “baby steps” is a great way to de-sensitize yourself to the feelings of anxiety. You’re steadily pushing the boundaries of your comfort levels and working towards an overall goal.
- Aggressive Challenges – This is a rapid-fire approach where do a lot of something that makes you scared. The idea here is you’re shocking the system into becoming comfortable.
- Remain Positive – Do not let anything prevent you from blasting past the point of comfort. Recognize that you will have negative outcomes. It’s a natural part of the process.
- Keep Expanding Your Comfort Zone – Look for new challenges. Find stuff that you would never imagined you would do.
Have you ever stepped outside of your comfort zone? Leave me a comment