I hear this or some version of “things move too fast” every day. It’s no wonder. Just a scant five or seven years ago we had a choice: to plug in, or to refrain. Today, most feel they don’t have a choice. We’ve grown new appendages in the name of “i” gadgets or other connected devices. The expectation for instant response or engagement whether through social media, texting, email, FaceTime, Hangouts, or whatever the connection-cuvee of the day is, creates intense anxiety. You know. At the same time You are both a victim and an instigator.
Make your choice, ignore them if you dare. Keep in mind, this isn’t a multiple choice list, either. No, you’ve got to heed, take action and do the things that make up these tenets. This will take you down the path to live a more rewarding life. Here are few things your would like to go through :
- Break The Chain – Your past happened, and it’s part of you, but you don’t have to carry forward the bad habits, bad feelings, and ideas about who you are from that part of your life. Break the chain and celebrate coming into your own as an adult who is in control of your own life.
- Find Your Truth – Only you can know who you want to be, what you want out of life, and what the right path for you could be. Knowing your truth will make every decision in your life easier.
- Act On It – You make things happen. Don’t wait for someone else to make them happen for you. Act on your beliefs and instinct and the things you know about yourself. Don’t just sit these – do something.
- Everything’s Your Business – You never know what could become your next bug break. Do everything to the best of your ability, give every job your all, and treat everything like it’s your business.
- All Roads Lead to Rome – Everything you do leads to something else, and in the end, if you stay on your path, you’ll get to the place you wanted to be.
- Go For Yours – You have to get what you want before you can have the inner resources to give to others. Clarify your goals and then go for them. It has to be about your first.
- Separate from the Pack – To find your calling or succeed in the path you’ve chosen, sometimes you have to step out of the crowd and remember who you are. You’ll distinguish yourself, and you’ll have a much better view of where you are going.
- Own It – It’s the only way to maintain and build you integrity, not to mention your good reputation. You’ll never have to regret that you didn’t cop to the truth, and owning it always turns out for the better in the long run.
- Come Together – When all is said and done, life is about connection. Come together with others.
- Celebrate – Life is precious. Love is precious. Celebrate the many good things you have instead of focusing on the worries, and you’ll find success, inner calm, and happiness at last.
You can start practicing today. If you prefer, start slow. But go through each of these with purpose and commitment. And get back to me, I’d love to learn and hear about your discoveries and experiences — those that will improve your perspective, expand your worldview, allow you to grow and live a more rewarding life.
Categories: Personal Development