DIY Natural Air Freshener With Essential Oils
The number of home fragrance products available today is staggering. There are scented candles, potpourri, scented sprays, oil diffusers, incense and plug-in room deodorizers. But before shelling out for products that contain a host of potentially harmful toxins and chemicals, consider making your own air fresheners. A few drops of highly concentrated essential oils can add a lovely dose of natural fragrance to your home.
Here is a quick recipe for DIY Natural Air Freshener With Essential Oils
- 1/4 cup distilled water
- 1/4 cup neutral high-proof alcohol (vodka will do)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 30 to 40 drops essential oils
How to Prepare :
- Add the distilled water, alcohol, and baking soda to a small mixing bowl and stir until the baking soda has completely dissolved. The soda has to be mixed or soda crystals can clog the sprayer.
- Drop the essential oils into a spray bottle.
- Fill the rest of the spray bottle with the water-alcohol mixture. To avoid spilling, use a small funnel to fill the bottles.
- Add the sprayer top and shake the bottle to combine everything.
Shake the DIY fall room spray before every use. To prevent staining, avoid spritzing the refreshing essential oil spray on light fabrics, carpets and wooden furniture. Stored in a dark, cool place, the homemade room deodorizer spray can be stored for up to 12 months. The staying power of air freshener spray will vary a bit depending on the quality of essential oils used.