Celebrate yourself today, you deserve it. I have always had a hard time congratulating myself. I actually have to remind myself to do so. I so often do not see all that I have done in my own life. I am sure you feel that too, but do you know why? Because we are forward thinkers. We look at the dreams ahead and the tasks of the day. We see the challenges and how to overcome them. Then, we take action and continue to look ahead so the obstacles that might come up, we can easily get through. But that doesn’t give me much time to congratulate us on what we have done.
So let’s celebrate us today, and not just today, I would recommend we find one or two reasons to celebrate ourselves, to give ourselves credit for how far we have come, here are a few ways how :
- Connect with your successes – What have you achieved over the last year? Make a list.
- Everything – List everything that you’re proud of, big or small, from all areas of your life.
- Learn from your mistakes – Remember that in every mistake is a lesson. So include your learnings on your achievements list!
- Enjoy your achievements – Review your achievements list. Take a few moments to enjoy, absorb and appreciate how far you’ve come.
- Boost your celebration – It’s more fun with others. Who could you include in your celebration?
- Reward yourself – What useful or beautiful gift (big or small) could you buy for yourself to symbolize your success?
- Activities can also be rewards – What activity could reward you? What would put a smile on your face. e.g. a day shopping, the spa, a fabulous dinner out?
- The 4 W’s – Plan your celebration! Decide What, When, Where & Who you will celebrate with.
- Express Gratitude – Spread the celebration! Tell people who helped you along the way that you appreciate them – and why.
- You are awesome – Know that it’s your inner strength, hard work, focus & energy that made your successes happen!
- Observe who you are – Review your achievements list. What are the common themes? What do they say about who you are?
- Upcoming opportunities & challenges – Know you are capable of both achieving and overcoming any opportunities and challenges in your future!
You are Important. Give yourself some credit. If you like this post, share it with your friends to tell them how important they are.