B vitamins play a vital role in maintaining good health and well-being. As the building blocks of a healthy body, B vitamins have a direct impact on your energy levels, brain function, and cell metabolism. Vitamin B complex helps prevent infections and helps support or promote: cell health.
Here are a few benefits of Vitamin B complex :
- Vitamin B12 – Promotes emotional stability and weight loss. It is found in mushrooms, spirulina, nutritional yeast and supplements.
- Vitamin B1 – Aids in regulation of our appetite and boosts energy. It is found in sunflower seeds, beans, green peas, lentils and oats.
- Vitamin B2 – Promotes healthy vision and skin, and aids in red blood cell production. It is found in spinach, beet greens, almonds, mushrooms and asparagus.
- Vitamin B3 – Healthy skin and muscle tissue. Promotes mental acuteness and assists in digestion. It is found in chia seeds, brown rice, almonds, potatoes, tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Vitamin B5 – Aids in food metabolism, regulates the nervous system, promotes healthy skin. It is found in shiitake mushrooms, avocado, sunflower seeds, sweet potato, broccoli.
- Vitamin B9 – Normalises gestation during pregnancy and activates the sexual response. It is found in spinach, leafy greens, broccoli, mango, avocado, asparagus and oranges.
- Vitamin B7 – Aids in blood sugar balance and skin health. It is found in chard, tomatoes, carrots, almonds, cauliflower, cabbage, onion, oats and raspberries.
- Vitamin B6 – Helps assist in the creation of serotonin. It is found in sweet potatoes, bananas, spinach, walnuts, prunes, pistachios and potatoes.