Natural DIY Headache Reliever Balm
So many things can make your head ache. Deadlines. Arguments. Irksome bosses. Traffic jams. Even good things can give you a pain in the head, “ice cream headaches” has its own category (many of us know it as “brain freeze”). Generally speaking, headaches are your body’s response to physical or emotional stress. That stress can make the muscles in your head and neck contract to create tension headaches. Or it can make blood vessels constrict and later expand to produce migraines or vascular headaches. And if your sinuses are congested or infected, pounding headaches often result. Despite the discomfort, most headaches are temporary and respond quite nicely to do-it-yourself pantry treatments.
Here is a quick procedure for preparing a natural DIY headache reliever balm :
- Small 1 oz. metal tins
- Wooden sticks for stirring
- Heat-safe glass measuring cup or bowl
- Coconut Oil
- Olive Oil
- Essential Oil of your choice
How to prepare?
- Add 2 tablespoons each of beeswax, coconut oil, and olive oil to a heat-safe glass bowl or measuring cup.
- Melt beeswax and oil mixture.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for several minutes.
- Add the essential oils to the carrier oil mixture
- Pour the natural headache relief balm mixture into a small jar or little tins.
- Allow the headache balm to cool and solidify completely before putting on the lids.