We all look forward to weekends. But are you really making the most of them? Few people are, because we tend not to think about weekends holistically. Here’s one way to look at it: There are 60 hours between 6 p.m. Friday and 6 a.m. Monday. Even if you sleep for 24 of those hours, that leaves 36 hours for other things. That’s the equivalent of a full-time job. Yet many of us hit Monday morning with a vague sense of having squandered our precious downtime on activities that didn’t help us recreate.
That’s a problem because, in our competitive world, weekends are actually the secret weapon of workplace success. The most successful people know that to be truly productive, you need to hit Monday refreshed, relaxed and ready to go. Here are certain things successful people do over the weekend :
- They read for leisure.
- They spend time with their family to make sure each of them feel loved.
- They exercise to ensure a healthy body to enjoy life.
- They pursue their interests, as work isn’t the only aspect of their lives.
- They eat well to reward themselves.
- They sleep earlier to rest their body and mind.
- They learn something new to stimulate their thoughts.
- They go to the nature to appreciate the beauty of the world.
- They disconnect and spend some time alone.
So which one of these do you practice over the weekend? Or do you have a list of your own? Do Share!