Super Weekends

We all look forward to weekends. But are you really making the most of them? Few people are, because we tend not to think about weekends holistically. Here’s one way to look at it: There are 60 hours between 6 p.m. Friday and 6 a.m. Monday. Even if you sleep for 24 of those hours, that leaves 36 hours for other things. That’s the equivalent of a full-time job. Yet many of us hit Monday morning with a vague sense of having squandered our precious downtime on activities that didn’t help us recreate.

That’s a problem because, in our competitive world, weekends are actually the secret weapon of workplace success. The most successful people know that to be truly productive, you need to hit Monday refreshed, relaxed and ready to go. Here are certain things successful people do over the weekend :

• They read for leisure.
  • They spend time with their family to make sure each of them feel loved.
  • They exercise to ensure a healthy body to enjoy life.
  • They pursue their interests, as work isn’t the only aspect of their lives.
  • They eat well to reward themselves.
  • They sleep earlier to rest their body and mind.
  • They learn something new to stimulate their thoughts.
  • They go to the nature to appreciate the beauty of the world.
  • They disconnect and spend some time alone.

So which one of these do you practice over the weekend? Or do you have a list of your own? Do Share!

Reference : https://www.lifehack.org/articles/productivity/14-things-successful-people-weekends.html

1. Mrs ESTJ says:

I really try to switch off from work at the weekend. Getting out into nature is definitely well worth doing to get some perspective.

Ah that is the best thing you can over weekends. Conquer the “Sunday blues”. People sometimes can’t enjoy the weekend because their head is wrapped up in the work week that lies ahead. There are things you can do, such as preparing for Monday every Friday, that can help you beat those Sunday blues.

1. Mrs ESTJ says:

I think some weekends that will happen. I try not to care as much as I used to. Day to day things work out.

It is okay to let go sometimes and just be. In fact my father recommends that we should let go of the control most days and just go with the flow to receive more guidance from the universe.

3. Mrs ESTJ says:

I couldn’t agree more. This is a much more eloquent way of describing my caring less.

Glad you agree.

2. Let’s see:
    I read for leisure.
    I exercise to ensure a healthy body to enjoy life.
    I eat well to reward myself.
    I sleep more (not earlier) to rest my body and mind.
    I’m always learning something new to stimulate my thoughts.
    Because of the pandemic, I haven’t been able to go to the nature to appreciate the beauty of the world.
    I definitely disconnect and spend some time alone.

Way to go. Thank you for inspiring me today. Your discipline is commendable.

1. I wonder if I would be as disciplined if I were married 🤔

Hahahah I wouldn’t know that myself

3. Weekends are a chance to invest in ourselves.

Yes they are. Another important thing that we can do is go for a digital detox. Unplug and do a digital detox. Being constantly connected to smartphones and social media spreads your attention thin, thus sapping you of energy at a time when you’re trying to recharge.

4. Dragthepen says:

I am having a great weekend💖

Yayyyy…glad to know that 🙂

5. clcouch123 says:

Considering the weekend holistically is refreshing to read about. The activities suggested sound healthy as well as restful.

I hope this is a good week for you and the coming weekend successful in the better way.

Thank you. I wish a great week for you too.

6. You left out ‘afternoon nap’ 🙂

Ah yes, thank you reminding me of the naps. Nothing rejuvenates you as a Weekend Nap 🙂

7. Rambler says:

I hate routines, weekends to me are days when I do things the way I want to, and when I feel like, rather then with doing them with a goal of getting them done.
    There are times when weekends become hectic, but I guess that is due to the pressure of making most of it.

Whatever makes you happy.