Homemade Cough Syrup
Picture this. You are at home with a cough, feeling like crap and you don’t have the energy to venture out into the world to grab some medicine from the store. Well, did you know that your kitchen can serve as a pharmacy? There are plenty of DIY recipes out there, featuring foods and spices that are jammed packed with healing properties. I don’t know about you, but I would much rather fight a cough and cold with a homemade remedy over-prescribed medication.
Here is a recipe for homemade cough syrup which you can try today.
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
How to Prepare
- Add the cayenne pepper, ground ginger, honey, apple cider vinegar, fresh lemon juice, and water to a jar with a lid.
- Tighten the lid and shake the jar to mix the ingredients well.
- Store, with lid tightened, in the refrigerator in between uses.
- Shake again to mix well and eliminate any settling that has occured prior to using.
- Take 1 teaspoon at a time to soothe sore throats and coughs.
- Repeat every couple of hours, or as needed.
Quick Tip : Be sure to give this homemade cough remedy a good shake before administering it. You want the ingredients to be properly mixed before taking a dose, otherwise you might not reap all the benefits.