How much time do you spend each day getting better organized? Cut it in half. When it comes to investing time, thought and effort into productively organizing oneself, less is more. In fact, not only is less more, research suggests it may be faster, better and cheaper.
Here are a few steps which you can help in organising your life :
- Limit yourself to three big items a day on your To-Do list.
- Commit to decluttering 15 minutes every morning and every night.
- Associate cleaning with a fun activity like listening to your favourite podcast.
- Make a habit of putting items away immediately after using them.
- Have less stuff. Give away everything you don’t need.
- Every time you buy something new, let go of a like minded item.
- Have a specific place for everything.
- Colour code label as much as you can. Make inventory lists.
- Make organising an automated schedule so you don’t have to think about it.
- Envision what you want to accomplish in becoming a more clean and organised person.
So which ones do you practice already to stay organised?