Immune Boosting Herbal Tea
Teas are healing, low in calories and have much less caffeine than coffee, according to a therapist. Tea has a range of therapeutic and medicinal benefits that range from boosting your immune system, detoxification to reducing heartburn. Some teas, research show, help in reducing weight, lowering cholesterol and helping fight heart disease.
Here is a recipe for an immune boosting herbal tea :
- 4 tbsp dried elderberries
- 4 tbsp dried rose hips
- 4 tbsp echinacea root
- 4 tbsp astragalus
- 4 tbsp dried ginger
How to prepare?
- Combine all herbs in a small jar. Stir until evenly distributed.
- Combine 1-2 tbsp herbal tea blend per 1-cup water in a small pot. Simmer 30 minutes. Strain and enjoy hot!
- This tea recipe easily scales up or down. Combine equal parts of each herb in any quantity you choose.
- To use fresh ginger instead of dried, leave the ginger out of the blend and add the fresh root when you prepare the tea.