Natural Tincture for Anxiety
Everybody experiences anxiety sometimes. Often people feel anxious, nervous or worried when faced with a problem or when considering an important decision. But anxiety disorders are of an entirely other magnitude. These can include generalized anxiety disorder, panic attacks, post traumatic stress disorder, phobias, and obsessive compulsive disorder. These various expressions of anxiety can interfere with one’s ability to lead a normal life.
Many people who suffer from anxiety do not wish to use pharmaceutical drugs for treatment, due to their onerous effects, which can include greater anxiety, depression, digestive disturbances, sleep problems, loss of sex drive, nervousness and other effects that should not be a result of a health aid. For those who suffer from anxiety and wish to try a safer, healthier approach, the following remedy may be exactly what you are seeking.
Here is a recipe for nature tincture of anxiety
- 0.5oz chamomile flowers (by weight)
- 0.5oz lemon balm (by weight)
- 0.5oz holy basil (by weight)
- 0.5oz cinnamon (by weight)
- 100 proof vodka (50% alcohol)
How to Prepare
- Check with your doctor to determine whether these herbs + alcohol are safe for you.
- Blend the herbs and transfer them to a large glass sealable jar
- Cover the herbs with 100-proof vodka
- Let sit for 6 weeks in a dark spot and shake daily (or when you remember!)
- Strain. Place the nut bag into the glass jar, and the potato ricer over the nut bag. Transfer the liquid and herbs into the potato ricer so that it dribbles down into the nut bag and into the amber jar. Squeeze the potato ricer to extract the tincture from the herbs.
- Compost the leftover herbs.
- Transfer some of your tincture from your glass jar to a tincture bottle using the metallic funnel.
- Label your bottle.
How to Use : Determine dosage with your doctor. I personally take up to 3 dropperfulls per day as needed.
Will you try this herbal remedy at home for your anxiety? Let me know what you think.