Having depression and/or anxiety is the equivalent of going through life on extra hard mode. Suddenly you have no energy, you want to sleep all the time, and it’s challenging to do even the most basic things. Treatment can take some time to be effective, so here are some life hacks to make life with depression a little easier.
- Exercise – Physical activity helps release endorphins, which makes you feel good. Try exercising 5x a week for 20-30 minutes.
- Have a Daily Routine – Doing activities at the same time every day will help keep your mood on track.
- Eat Omega 3 Fatty Acids and Healthy Fats – Take fish oil supplements and eat fatty fish like salmon. Also eat healthy fats like coconut oils and avocado.
- Avoid Caffeine – Caffeine surpasses serotonin, which can lead to increases depression symptoms.
- Increase Exposure to Sunlight – This helps increase production of serotonin, which helps boost your mood.
- Schedule an Acupuncture Session – New studies suggest that acupuncture is a promising alternative treatment for depression.
For severe cases of depression, seek the services of a medical or mental health professional.