Never Ignore Your Instincts

Your heart and your instincts are often at war, and there’s always a blurred line between them. The old adage says to “follow your heart, but trust your instincts.”  I’ve always found that statement difficult to make sense of. If your instincts say leave and your heart says stay, then which do you listen to? Like I said, it can be an all-out raging war if your heart and instincts aren’t in sync.

You should never ignore these instincts :

• Excitement about an opportunity – Something is pilling you towards it, and you’ll likely regret not following this impulse to see where it leads.
  • A sense that you’re not well – Your body knows far more than it is often given credit for, so make an appointment with your doctor and get checked out.
  • A feeling of danger – No matter when you get the feeling that you’re in danger, give it series credibility an d try to change your situation.
  • Being drawn to someone – If there’s a feeling in your gut telling you that you should speak to someone, make polite conversation and see where it leads.
  • A feeling of rightness – Your heart knows what is good for you. It will point in the right direction before your brain has even has a change to process the logical information being presented.

Do you trust your gut feeling?

Reference : https://www.thelawofattraction.com/5-instincts-never-ignore-might-one-right-now/?utm_source=pinterest&utm_medium=pin&utm_campaign=pin-loa&utm_content=5-instincts-never-ignore-might-one-right-now

1. Absolutely spot one. I agree! Great post😊💖

Thank you Suzette. I am a great believer of gut feeling or instincts and follow it through. The key is here is to clam the mind to get the instincts running. Would you agree?

1. Yes, I most certainly agree. Thank you!

2. Belladonna says:

I use to have such a hard to with trusting my gut feeling. But lately I find myself getting better with that.

New fields of science don’t emerge in a flash, and evolutionary psychology—sometimes called modern Darwinism—is no exception. But over the past several years, evolutionary psychology as a discipline has gathered both momentum and respect. A convergence of research and discoveries in genetics, neuropsychology, and paleobiology, among other sciences, evolutionary psychology holds that although human beings today inhabit a thoroughly modern world of space exploration and virtual realities, they do so with the ingrained mentality of Stone Age hunter-gatherers. Homo sapiens emerged on the Savannah Plain some 200,000 years ago, yet according to evolutionary psychology, people today still seek those traits that made survival possible then: an instinct to fight furiously when threatened, for instance, and a drive to trade information and share secrets. Human beings are, in other words, hardwired. You can take the person out of the Stone Age, evolutionary psychologists contend, but you can’t take the Stone Age out of the person.

3. inspirechief says:

Great insights. I have often followed my instincts and gone against logic. They turned out to be the best decisions of my life.

Intuition relies on evolutionarily older, automatic and fast processing, it also falls prey to misguidances, such as cognitive biases. These are systematic errors in thinking, that can automatically occur. Despite this, familiarising yourself with common cognitive biases can help you spot them in future occasions

4. clcouch123 says:

I’d like to think instincts and heart and head can work together. But I am biased toward instincts. Your listing is helpfully specific. Socially, instincts are not valued near enough. The detail in your post offers solid reality to those who think our inner directiveness is unsubstantial.

ntuition or gut feelings are also the result of a lot of processing that happens in the brain. Research suggests that the brain is a large predictive machine, constantly comparing incoming sensory information and current experiences against stored knowledge and memories of previous experiences, and predicting what will come next. This is described in what scientists call the “predictive processing framework”.

5. Himanshu Pal says:

I trust my gut feeling. I believe in taking risks for what you think is worth doing.

I also think we must not feel bad if our instincts prove out to be wrong sometimes.

Great post! Thanks

Your purest intuitions are always right but those tinged by your own thoughts and emotions may only be partially correct or even completely wrong. With practice, you can learn to assess your intuitive experiences and identify when they are more likely to be right.

1. Himanshu Pal says:

Very interesting! I use to make thoughtful decisions, not to say I make reckless decisions now, but I have learned to make quick decisions.

Do you think our intuitions play a role in our decision-making ability?

It does indeed.

6. The Guat says:

Yes! Trying to tell my kids to start paying attention to their Spidy senses:)

Hahah yes..kids have it easy. If they develop that from a young age, they will be much better off when they grow into adulthood.

7. judeitakali says:

This is an amazing post, something I didn’t know I wanted to read about but now I know I did

Hahah yea instincts are basics. Take a deep breath, and react with intention, not out of emotion. Here are the seven times experts say it’s always OK to ignore your gut reaction about your relationship, and give things time to develop and show their true nature.J

1. judeitakali says: