DIY Natural Perfumes
Beyond our immediate understanding of medical purposes, smells can also be soothing or exciting. I have gotten rid of my cheap and toxic ingredient filled sprays and am enjoying using some of the natural smells that I love. The most expensive perfumes are from about 78% to 95% of specially denatured ethyl alcohol and a remainder of essential oils (or these days, chemical fragrance oils). By making your own, you know exactly what you are putting on your body.
Here is a DIY natural perfume recipe for you :
- Lorann Oils clear glass roller ball bottles
- 1 oz Sweet Almond oil
- 14 drops Lorann Oils Ylang Ylang essential oil
- 12 drops Lorann Oils Lavender essential oil
- 12 drops Lorann Oils Pine essential oil
- 10 drops Lorann Oils Orange essential oil
How to Prepare
- Harvest small flowers and let them air-dry overnight.
- Once dried, place the flowers in the roll-on bottles.
- In a small bowl, mix together all oils.
- Carefully use a dropper to add the oil mixture into the bottles over the flowers.
- Place roller-ball part on top and push down firmly until it snaps into place.
- Roll perfume onto skin to apply.
Exposure to sunlight and heat can degrade the oils more quickly. The carrier oils, like almond oil, can go rancid over time. I recommend a “sniff” test. If they don’t have an off-smell and the aroma of the essential oils is potent, they are still good to use.