It can be tough to stay motivated when it comes to weight-loss and fitness goals. Why else do so many people make the same New Year’s resolutions year after year? If motivation flits in and out of your life, don’t worry—there are ways to make it a constant companion rather than a fickle friend.
Here are a few tips to stay motivated to lose weight :
- Stop trying so hard – The problem with motivation is that the more people try to catch it, the more elusive it becomes. So if you notice that your motivation is waning, give yourself a break from your diet or exercise plan for one to three days.
- Steer clear of super skinny models – The images of models discouraged the women by crating unrealistic self standards and made them feel like they’d never be able to achieve that look, so they stop trying.
- Focus on a feeling – Motivation doesn’t always have to come before an activity. If you focus on how you feel each time you exercise, you’ll get all the benefits of burning calories, plus the reinforcement of remembering how good it feels to do it, which should increase your motivation to do more.
- Body love – Stop self criticism because increases the stress hormone and can make you craving sweet and fatty food.
- Social media – Make a weightless dairy and tracking your daily progress, photos, workout, food in social media. So you can document the changes in your body that you may not otherwise notice.