Feeling down in the dumps? Sometimes we don’t have the time to spend a day at the spa or invite friends and family over to de-stress and cheer us up.
Here is a list of quick tricks to give you a no-prescription-required burst of bliss in a jiffy.
- Smell a nostalgic smell. Forget essential oils, take in a whiff of freshly bakes cookies, crayons whatever. Any nostalgic scent that makes you happy.
- Sit up straight, breathe deeply and smile. You feel a certain way because of the way you act, so sit up straight, take a deep breath and smile.
- Give yourself a Vitamin B boost. Is it possible you have a vitamin B12 deficiency that’s making you feel crabby? Try a pill!
- Eat a bar of dark chocolate. Dark chocolate has mood boosting properties. Skip the sugary milk chocolate blends.
- Set a timer, give yourself 5-10 minuets to vent. Allow yourself 5,10, 15 minutes to let it all out. Write down your annoyance or vent to your cat.
- Eat food rich in folic acid. Folic acid can lift your spirits. Eat a cup of beans, or a salad containing dark, leafy greens.
- Spend some money on some. Studies have shown that people who spend money on others feel way better than people who spend money on themselves.
- Jump on a trampoline or swing on a swing set. If physical activity supposedly makes you feel better, make it fun.
- See your bad mood as challenge. Maybe your bad mood is the motivation you need to make a positive change in your attitude. Routine or activity.