Herbal Remedies To Fight Fatigue
Fatigue has many causes, but its effects are always difficult to cope with. We all have days when it’s difficult to get out of bed, but chronic fatigue can be frustrating and leave sufferers unable to cope. Characterised by tiredness, lack of enthusiasm and difficulty in concentrating, fatigue is a complaint with no single, simple treatment
The root of the problem. Tonic or adaptogenic herbs can increase vitality and promote well being. They balance the body’s hormonal, digestive, cardiovascular, nervous and immune systems, improve strength and stamina using alfalfa, ginseng and cordyceps, while marigold or liquorice will help fatigue caused by weakened immunity. Changing your lifestyle can relieve fatigue. Regular exercise actually increases energy levels while a new, mind stretching interest can stimulate the mind, leaving no time for lethargy. There are numerous herbal remedies, such as oats and sage, that will help you fight fatigue naturally but effectively.
You should know what has caused your fatigue before you treat it. Correctly identifying the underlying causes of fatigue will help you chose a remedy. Common causes of fatigue include :
- Stress – Physical, mental, money or work related worries can keep you awake.
- Emotional upset – Marital status, divorce or bereavement can lead to feelings of fatigue.
- Insomnia – This medical condition can be debilitating if it goes untreated.
- Illness or infection – An underactive thyroid or the effort of fighting off illness can leave you feeling drained.
- Food intolerances – This is a hard cause to identify, but fatigue can be a major symptom of some food intolerances.
- Blood sugar – Imbalance in blood sugar levels can lead to a serious lack of energy.
- Depression- This condition can alter sleep patterns or present sleep altogether.