Tips to Improve Mental Health

Your mental health affects a number of aspects in your life including your physical health, levels of stress and work-life balance. Your mental health is an activity, not merely a state of being. Indeed, the wellness of your mind, which is vitally important in all other aspects of your life, requires you to take care of this often-neglected part of your body. There are many ways in which you could either maintain or improve your mental health.

You can improve your life with these mental health tips :

• Meditate.
  • Ask for help.
  • Keep a journal.
  • Try to be active.
  • Be outside in nature.
  • Talk to yourself kindly.
  • Do something creative.
  • Look on the bright side.
  • Practice deep breathing.
  • Do a task you’re good at.
  • Avoid social comparisons.
  • Sleep and rest adequately.
  • Make chores more fun to do.
  • Watch something that uplifts you.
  • Make a playlist of feel good songs.
  • Spend time with empowering people.
  • Help others especially those in need.
  • Avoid multitasking and procrastination.
  • Make a list of things you’re thankful for.
  • Improve your posture and body language.
  • Eat nutritious food snacks drink lots of water.
  • Remind yourself that you’re doing your best.
  • Take breaks off social media and your phone.
  • Distance yourself from things that don’t feel good.

Did you like the list? What is your mental health routine? Do share in comments.

Reference : Vex King.

1. askitalks says:

Impressive post😍😍😍 👌👌😊

Thank you. I am glad you liked it.

2. This is a great list!! I would also recommend writing out 3-5 things you are grateful for everyday (I prefer to do this first thing in the morning with my coffee). I have been doing this exercise for over 2 years and I have seen a drastic improvement in my mental health! Great post! 🙂

I agree Sarah. When you take the time to focus on the good things in your life you naturally become more positive. By writing down what you are thankful for, it can make you more optimistic because you are choosing to see more of the positivity in your life, giving less power to negative emotions. While these positive aspects of your life may be floating around in your subconscious, writing them down makes them more concrete and real.

3. I struggle with anxiety and depression; and I can tell you that I am working on sobriety because that alcohol is NOT the solution for mental health problems.
    But, I like to write about things that bother me in my blog.
    I try and keep me focused by making a daily list of tasks to complete.
    I pray/meditate.
    I’m trying to be more physical too, but I haven’t made it a routine just yet.

You are so brave. Giving up alcohol dependence is an act of courage. Thank you for sharing your story and inspiring us today.

4. KENDI KARIMI says:

I know that nature for sure has a significant impact in well being. And when you meditate in nature, the effects trickle down to every other aspect of your life.

Being in nature, or even viewing scenes of nature, reduces anger, fear, and stress and increases pleasant feelings. Exposure to nature not only makes you feel better emotionally, it contributes to your physical wellbeing, reducing blood pressure, heart rate, muscle tension, and the production of stress hormones.

5. ಅಂತರ್ಮುಖಿ says:

Its complicated 😊 but still feel calm when i read ur posts,

I am glad my posts bring you calm. I shall keep writing 🙂

6. clcouch123 says:

My mental (and emotional) health process begins with the second point: Ask for help. It’s taken a lifetime to learn how to do that at all well. It doesn’t always work out, but I’ve found there is great value in seeking out and listening to advocating voices.

Thank you!

Yes it is very common. If you fear having your problems and concerns belittled then you will be more reluctant to bring them to another person. There might also be a fear of judgement by the other person, especially if you need help with something that you feel embarrassed or guilty about. But I a glad you are past that stage.

7. This is an excellent list! Being outdoors in the yard, watering plants, pulling weeds, feeling the warmth of the sun, connecting with nature.Also going for a walk around the neighborhood in the evening, all very relaxing. Thanks for the reminder to be kind to ourselves.

Yes indeed. Spending time in nature can help relieve stress and anxiety, improve your mood, and boost feelings of happiness and wellbeing.