Uses of Rose Oil
A fragment and luxurious oil, rose is extremely versatile. Use it to lift your spirits and balance your moods or incorporate it into your beauty regime.
Restore Skin – Rose’s natural anti-inflammatory actions makes it a valuable oil for treating skin disorders and damage.
- Reduce unsightly stretch marks and scars by regularly applying a nourishing blend of oils. Add 4 drops each of rose, neroli and lavender oil to 20ml of sweet almond oil and 5ml of wheatgerm oil.
- Create a nourishing after sun oil by combining 20ml of jojoba oil with 3 drops of rose oil 4 drops of chamomile oil and 10 drops of lavender oil. Apply to the skin to cool, moisturise and retain a suntan.
Lift Moods – Use rose to generate a feeling of calm and a sense of well being and happiness
- For an uplifting but calming room fragrance, add 3 drops of rose oil, with 5 drops each of bergamot and petitgrain oil, to a vaporiser. The uplifting scent of the citrus oils complement rose’s soothing properties.
- Fortify the emotions during times of grief and loss by combining 3 drops each of rose and petitgrain oil with 6 drops of clary sage oil in 25ml of grapeseed oil. Use as a body massage oil.
- Enjoy an anti stress bath soak by adding 3 drops of rose oil and 2 drops each of lavender and frankincense oil to a drop, warm bath.
Sensual Beauty Oil – For a beautiful complexion, make rose part of your daily skin care regime.
- Strengthen weak nails with 4 drops each of rose and cedar wood oil blended in 1oz of neutral base cream. Massage into the nails and nail base regularly.
- Create an aromatic facial toner by blending 3 drops each of rose, sandalwood oil with 25ml of jojoba oil. These oils will tighten slack skin giving a healthy and youthful experience.
- For soft skin, combine 4 drops each of rose and neroli oil with 25ml of avocado oil. Use twice daily.
Regulate Hormones – Rose is an excellent tonic for regulating the menstrual cycle and calming PMT. You can even use it to aid post natal healing.
- Reduce painful, heavy periods with an aromatic abdominal massage containing 5 drops each of rose and lavender oil in 15ml of grape seed oil.
- Treat irritability associated with PMS with a whole body massage containing 10 drops each of geranium and clary sage oil and 3 drops of rose oil in 25ml of carrier oil.
- Rose acts as a tonic for the uterus. Enjoy a fortifying massage during the post natal period by blending 4 drops of rose oil with 8 drops each of clary sage and bergamot oil. Gently massage rose oil into your abdomen to ease the unpleasant symptoms of PMS.