I love writing about productivity if I didn’t I don’t think I’d achieve much in life. I consider myself an intelligent women (well my mother regularly tells me I am!) and I would also consider myself a productivity expert, but sometimes I can’t get over my stupidity. I’ve read all the books, listened to all the podcasts but I still struggle to get things done some times.
Here are creations tips to get things done which I and probably you can start using :
- Energy is contagious. Hangout or have a quick coffee date with the most enthusiastic, energetic, self motivated friend you know. Take caution! Make sure you are pretty sure that the find will inspire you, not annoy you or make you feel bad about your lack of motivation.
- Do the power dose. Numerous studies have shown that our nonverbal behaviour can greatly affect our mood. Take a few minutes to stand in power pose. Chest lifted, head held high, arms propped on the hips or above your head.
- Make the task into a game and have a prize for successfully completing it. Example, have a rewards card where if you complete five 30 minute wok sessions where you don’t check your meal or waste time online, you can reward yourself with a small treat.
- Prime your brain to feel motivated and pumped by reason a list of power words associated with achievement, productivity and being awesome.
- Scare yourself. Sign an agreement to a friend that if you don’t finish a working draft of your amazing first novel by a specific date, you will have to go sky diving, or just imagine how silly you will feel if you show up to the big, important meeting with no powerpoint presentation to show.
- Make your goal identity based. Intrinsic motivation tends to be more effective than external rewards (such as money, promotions, compliments from peers).
- Our daily supply of will power is limited. Get your most important tasks done while you will power is high.
- It is difficult to stay motivated and focused if you are sleep deprived, eating unhealthy or physically unfit. If possible, reset your mind/body by getting a goodnight’s rest, going to the gym and eating healthy food.