An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure — and that’s never been more true when you consider steps you can take to prevent the spread of illness versus the cost of not being able to go to work or school if you’re sick.
Here are some recommend tips that can help you avoid sickness and prevent the spread of viruses to others too :
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep – While what constitutes as enough sleep varies from person to person, most studies show that average adult needs at least 7 hours of sleep per night. Sleep deprivation suppresses your immune system and makes it harder to recover from illnesses.
- Wash your hands – Washing your hands at least seven times a day can greatly cut the rick of. catching the cold or flu. Dry hands with paper towels and moisturise. Avoid hand sanitiser as studies how that most of them do more harm than good!
- Don’t touch your face – Even if you wash your hands a lot, you’re still bound to touch contaminated surfaces throughout the day. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth to reduce the risk of infection.
- Use oil or oregano and essential oils – Although the science is still out on whether or not Oil of Oregano and other essential oils actually prevent illness, many people swear by it! Start with a low dosage as Oil of Oregano may cause gastrointestinal distress in some people.
- Exercise regularly – Vigorous exercises is scientifically proven to boost your immune system while creating an inhospitable environment for germs. Studies show that high intensity exercise us the most effective for immunity.