Whether you’re just getting started with your workout plan or you’re someone who’s been hitting the gym for months, if there’s one thing that you need to make sure you’re staying on top of, keeping yourself interested in the workout is it. By using some clearly defined workout motivation tips, you’ll put yourself in a better position to stay the course regardless of whatever happens to come your way. Many people are often swayed to skip workout sessions as their life gets busy or an invite for an event comes in, but if you’re very internally motivated, this won’t be nearly as big of a problem.
Here are some workout motivations tips for you :
- When the alarm goes off say to yourself, “It’s just the first 10 minutes that are hard”.
- Tell yourself you only have to walk or run a few blocks. Once you are out, you will probably want to do more.
- Have everything prepared the night before, clothes laid out coffee in the coffee pot, music ready.
- “Don’t think. Just do”. Don’t let yourself think too much or you will talk yourself out of it.
- Make a date to work out with a friend.
- Bribe yourself. Promise yourself a non-food reward when you are finished.
- Play your workout music to get you pumped and out the door.
- Set a goal. Nothing is as motivating as knowing a 5K is around the corner.
- Say to yourself, “All athletes work our when they feel like it or not.”
- Focus on the reward. Think about how good you’ll feel when the workout is finished.