Clarifying Facial Toner
Astringent and anti-inflammatory willow bark makes one excellent base for a facial toner. It works especially well for acne prone skin, perhaps because of its salicylate content. Lavender and rose hydrosol both offer additional anti-inflammatory and vulnerary power, and depending on your preference, add a lovely scent as well.
- 1/4 cup well strained willow
- 1/4 cup lavender or rose hydrosol
How to Prepare?
- Prepare decoction by simmering 2 tablespoons willow bark in 1/2 cup water for 20-30 minutes.
- Let cool and strain.
- Combine 1/4 cup of the decoction and hydrosol in a spray top bottle and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Spray directly on face or on a cloth or cotton ball and gently dab onto the skin.