Oral thrush is a condition that can be difficult to recognize at first. It’s usually harmless and not necessarily painful, but it can be very unpleasant and greatly affect your quality of life. Oral thrush is caused by types of yeast fungus called Candida that live in the mucous membranes lining your mouth. Its medical name “oral candidiasis” is taken from this fungus. Oral thrush is most often caused by a type of Candida fungus called Candida albicans. Most people have small amounts of Candida on the mucous membranes lining their mouth and it usually doesn’t cause any noticeable problems. But given the right conditions, the fungus can start growing very quickly. This often affects people who have serious diseases, and it can also be a side effect of certain types of treatment.
Here are a few ways to treat oral thrush :
- Cinnamon – People who supplement cinnamon into their diets generally suffer from less candida overgrowth than those who don’t.
- Unsweetened Cranberry Juice – Creates an acidic environment that makes it difficult for candida to thrive.
- Fermented Vegetables – Strengthens the immune system and boosts microflora in the body.
- Cultured Dairy – Cultured dairy and probiotic foods like goat milk kefir can effectively kill the candida in the body.
- Warm Starchy Vegetables – Support the spleen in clearing candida from the body.
- Coconut Oil – Has antimicrobial properties, the combination of Laurie acid and caprylic acid found in coconut oil kills off harmful candida through ingestion and topical application.
- Oils of Oregano – Has antiviral, antibacterial, anti parasitic, antioxidant and anti inflammatory properties.
- Raw Garlic – Has powerful anti fungal, antibiotic and antiviral compounds.
- Vitamin C – Take 1000 milligrams of vitamin C twice daily to boost the adrenal glands and restore the immune system.
- Oregano Oil – Acts quickly to kill bacteria, viruses and infections within the body.
- Milk Thistle Supplements – Help to cleanse your liver from prescriptions medications.
- Caprylic Acid – It acts as a natural yeast fighting agent and appears to penetrate the cell membrane of candida yeast cells and cause them to die off.
- Clove Oil – A study suggests that clove was as effective as nystatin, a drug commonly prescribed to manage oral thrush.
- Myrrh Oil – Cures a variety of parasite and fungi, including candida.
- Colloidal Silver – This alkaline and antiviral agent will support and strengthen the immune system.
- Good Denture Hygiene – Leave dentures out of the mouth while sleeping and soak them overnight in vinegar.
- Baking Soda and Vinegar – For mothers with thrush on the nipples, apply white distilled vinegar and 1 teaspoon of baking soda diluted with 8 ounces of water to the infected area.
- Pau D’ Arco Tea – It has anti fungal properties and naturally kills candida overgrowth in the mouth and vagina.