Your Key to Warming Oils
Prescribe the most appropriate warming oil to treat a particular ailment, selection from those with stimulating, uplifting effects to those that calm and soothe.
- Basil – This aromatic oil has a warming and enlivening effect, which promotes healing, eases aches and pains, and relieves mental fatigue.
- Benzoin – The soothing and stimulating properties of benzoin lend themselves to a wide range of healing effects.
- Cedarwood – A warming, calming oil, cedar wood is useful for PMS and stress, and can Als be used as an aphrodisiac.
- Clove – Clove is a warming oil that is particularly good for healing due to its antiseptic and stimulating actions.
- Frankincense – This oil may be used to clear the head and to calm, which combined with its warming effects makes it good for meditation.
- Juniper – The pleasant, uplifting effects of juniper make it a good sedative. It is also anti rheumatic and has diuretic qualities.
- Marjoram – The penetrating action of marjoram allow this warming oil to effectively treat muscular tension. It is also helpful for insomnia.
- Nutmeg – Comforting, spicy and stimulating, nutmeg is good for the digestion and is also antiseptic and analgesic.
- Thyme – This oil is particularly good for the immune system, being a powerful stimulant and potent antiseptic.
- Myrrh – The renowned qualities of myrrh, valued since ancient times, include head clearing effects and anti inflammatory properties on wounds. It is a good, all-round healer.
- Vetivert – Vetivert oil can have aphrodisiac effects on some people, but it is especially valued for its calming action. As a warming oil it soothes nervous tension and is good for the mind.
- Patachouli – Popular as a perfume, this oil also multi tasks as an antidepressant. Its stimulating effects can act as an aphrodisiac.
Stimulating and Warming Blends
These simple recipe blends employ warming oils to treat common complaints.
- Cough Blend – Inhale this blend from a handkerchief to ease a cold. 2 drops benzoin, 2 drops frankincense, 3 drops juniper.
- Cold Feet Blend – Add to a foot bath. 5 drops basil, 5 drops marjoram, 5 drops vetivert.
- Massage Blend – Use this blend to treat respiratory problems, to be gently massaged or rubbed into the chest area. 4 drops clove, 7 drops myrrh, 4 drops thyme, 50ml sweet almond oil.