The Sugar Addiction Cycle

When our bodies have been knocked out of balance from too much sugar, we may struggle to get up in the morning and stay alert during the day. A foggy head, digestive problems, headaches and mood swings, including depression may also become issues. When our bodies have been knocked out of balance from too much sugar, we may struggle to get up in the morning and stay alert during the day. A foggy head, digestive problems, headaches and mood swings, including depression may also become issues.

It is thus important to break the sugar addiction cycle, but lets understand how our bodies become addicted to sugars :

• You consume sugary foods for a special occasion, or just in daily life through sodas, sugary desserts, dressings, alcohol and processed foods.
  • Drug like effect. The sugar has a calming effect, raising insulin levels and causing dopamine secretions.
  • Recoil/Insulin crash. Your body produces large amounts of insulin to metabolise the sugar and once finished, you “crash” and crave more sugar.
  • Cortisol Levels Rise, Adrenal Fatigue and Inflammation set in. Your body responds to the stress of the insulin crash by screwing cortisol. This causes inflammation and more sugar cravings.
  • Body PH lowered – Acid/Alkaline Imbalance – Your body becomes more acidic during this cycle, causing more sugar cravings and creating a more favourable environment for cancer and disease.
  • Cortisol Levels Rise, Adrenal Fatigue and Inflammation set in – Your body responds to the stress of the insulin crash by recreating cortisol. This causes inflammation and more sugar cravings.
  • Fatigue, Disease, Candida Fungus, Diabetes and Depression – Diabetes, heart disease, hormonal imbalances, obesity, and depression can all be brought on by the sugar cycle.
  • Break the cycle by omitting all sugar and replacing it with good fats, proteins, and non starchy vegetables. Introduce coconut oil into your diet to kill the fungus and reduce sugar cravings.
  • Manage stress, fatigue and depression through exercise, sunshine, and a healthy lifestyle. Maintain a high protein, sugar free whole foods diet full of good fats.

Reference : https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4c/bf/84/4cbf84145b9c834f9ebd84ac002a6838.jpg

1. I do have a sweet tooth. But some things I did change.

1. Originally, at Starbucks, I would get a latte with three raw sugar. Eventually that came down to two and 1/2. However, my regular drink now at Starbucks is a Misto or an Iced Coffee. Thinking of Iced Coffee, in the Summer, I also go for smoothies. The only time I go for a more sugary drink at Starbucks is when I can have a free drink.

2. Some sugary sweets, I only eat once a year, for the most part. For my birthday, I always want Beouf Bourgenion and Creme Brûlée. That desert I try to have once a year.

Wow these are very practical steps to stop cravings. Sugar fuels every cell in the brain. Your brain also sees sugar as a reward, which makes you keep wanting more of it. If you often eat a lot of sugar, you’re reinforcing that reward, which can make it tough to break the habit.

2. francisashis says:

Thank you very much for the informative post,very useful for the readers.Take care.🙏

Some people use sugary foods in ways that aren’t healthy, even though it may not be an actual addiction. Some signs: You crave sugar, lose control, and eat more than you planned. I am glad you liked the post. Thank you for stopping by.

1. francisashis says:

Most welcome.🌹👍🙏

3. Halbarbera says:

Agree with you. It is back to Nature … natural is where it is at!

Yes indeed. Everything goes back to nature.

4. inspirechief says:

Always great information. Thank you for sharing.

You are most welcome. Giving up sugar can make you feel lousy, but rest assured, it will get better if you stick to your sugar detox. According to the Cleveland Clinic, you can break your sugar addiction in 10 days.

5. Being pre-diabetic, I can attest to the healthy changes in my lifestyle because of nearly eliminating all sugar. My doctor grabbed my attention a few years ago when he said for me “sugar is poison.”

Some sugar detox plans urge you to avoid all sweets. That means all fruit, dairy, and refined grains. The idea is to purge your system of sugar. Diet changes like this are too drastic to keep up. Changes that you can do only for the short term mean you’ll fall back to your old habits.

Thank you for the reblog.

6. Always happy to share your wonderful post, My Dear!
    xoxo