Aromatherapy for the Heart Chakra
Keep yourself in balance and centred by using essential oils and aromatherapy techniques to treat the Heart Chakra.
The Heart Chakra is the centre of balance in your body. It governs the circulatory system and is connected to the Hand Chakras and, through these, it is linked to the sense of touch. When the heart Chakra is out of balance it causes you to lose “touch” with yourself and your surroundings. Selfish, manic and impulsive behaviour results from a state of hyperactivity, while a lack of drive and motivation, and a tendency towards hypochondria can result from blockages or under-activity.
Heart Chakra Healing
Over activity in the Heart Chakra can be soothed with floral oils, and herbal oils will stimulate its energies to unplug blockages and antidote under activity. Massage should usually be avoided when treating the Heart Chakra; therefore, the preferred methods of treatment include scented baths and oils burners.
Work with the following checklist of herbal and floral oils to benefit the Heart Chakra.
- Clary Sage – Conditions such as asthma and depression can be affected by low activity in the Heart Chakra. Use clary sage to balance its energies.
- Marjoram – Marjoram helps stimulate the Heart Chakra and is good for alleviating stress and general aches and pains.
- Rosemary – Chase away feelings of lethargy with invigorating rosemary. This oil will also help to clear your mind and senses.
- Sweet Thyme – The sweet tones of this herbal oil have a warming action that uplifts the Heart Chakra.
- Geranium – This therapeutic oils has a wonderful balancing effect on hyperactive Heart Chakra.
- Melissa – Treat stress and anxiety with Melissa oil.
- Lavender – Soothing lavender calms the Heart Chakra.
- Ylang Ylang – Treat feelings of frustration, and pent-up anger with ylang ylang oil’s calming and balancing effects.