Using Your Sandalwood
Light your joss stick, lie back, and feel your mind, body and spirit unwind as the powerful aroma calms your spirit and conjure up visions of warmer climes.
Relax and Enjoy
- Breathing in the aromatic smoke from your joss stick can help to lift melancholy and promote restful sleep. It subdues aggression and irritability, promotes compassion and openness, enhances meditation and clears thought process.
- Sandalwood is particularly good for stress relief, especially when combines with lavender or bergamot.
- Other Eastern, woody fragrances such as cedar and frankincense add to the feelings of peace and calm that sandalwood can promote.
- Sandalwood is also an aphrodisiac, and can stimulate a sensual mood.
- Burn your joss stick alongside an aromatherapy vaporiser or candle to further enhance your mood.
- Sandalwood stimulates the base (seventh) chakra, improving self identity and trust. In the Ayurvedic healing tradition, it promotes energy and enthusiasm, increasing your self esteem and joie de vivre.
- Burn sandalwood during a full moon to increase spiritual vibrations inside your home.
- Burning sandalwood near your door welcomes your suggests and attunes them to your home positivity – encouraging them to leave their doubts and anger outside.
- Write a wish on a sandalwood chip and place it in an incense burner. Sandalwood’s magical powers will enhance your meditations and increase the power of your wishes.
Sandalwood essential oil is relatively expensive but if you do splash out, you can use it in weak dictions as follows :
- A few drops in a washbasin of hot water creates a steam inhalation to ease acne and cracked or dry skin.
- In a vaporiser or your bath it will dry up excess mucus, easing bronchitis, wet coughs, stuffy heads and diarrhoea.
- You can use sandalwood’s antiseptic, anti inflammatory and mildly pain relieving properties to soothe rashes and itchy skin. Simply mix a few drops of essential oil in with your usual body lotion.
Using joss sticks in your exercises – The strong aroma given off by joss sticks makes them a good tool to use during gentle visualisation or meditation exercises. A simple joss stick visualisation can add spice to more mundane tasks. You can use the heady aroma of sandalwood to help your mind drift to more beautiful and spiritual surroundings.
- Light a joss tick when you’re ready to start exercising, such as on an exercise bike or walker, or during aerobics.
- As you exercise, close your eyes and breathe in the heady aroma, getting your mind drift with its scent.
- After a few deep breaths, imagine that rather than being in your room or gym, you’re cycling along a mountain path, perhaps in the Himalayas, under a warm summer sun. Imagine the aroma coming from the beautiful trees that line your path.
- You’ll soon find that in this way your exercise period goes much more quickly, and is far more enjoyable.