I recently gave an interview for a CXO position at an international consulting firm. My feedback from the interview process by Senior director was disappointing.
Starting and closing an interview on a positive note is important to leave a lasting impression on the interviewer. Here’s how you can start and close the interview positively:
Start the interview:
1. Be punctual: Arriving on time is a sign of professionalism and respect.
2. Greet the interviewer with a firm handshake and a smile: A genuine smile can make a great first impression.
3. Introduce yourself confidently: Be confident in your introduction and stay on point to minimize anxiety.
4. Express gratitude and interest: Thank the interviewer for the opportunity and express enthusiasm for the role.
Close the interview:
1. Thank the interviewer: Thank the interviewer for their time and the opportunity.
2. Express interest: Reiterate your interest in the role and mention aspects of the company that you are excited about.
3. Ask about next steps: Ask about the timeline for the hiring decision and what the next steps are in the process.
4. Thank the interviewer once more. Shake hands with everyone you met respectfully and confidently.
In summary, a good start and finish go a long way in establishing a positive impression, gratitude, respect, and interest in the company and the role. It helps leave a great impression after the conversation and opens the possibility for future recruitment.
“Find Your Voice” is a collection of over 100 heart warming poems that will leave you feeling inspired and motivated. This book is filled with beautiful and encouraging poems that remind you that you can always find your voice in this world. Each poem is carefully crafted to provide comfort and hope in times of darkness and doubt. When you need a reminder of the light within you, pick up a copy of the book today.” https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C4BCVJ3C