Potent Calming Oil
There are many different types of effects that can be achieved using calming oils. Here’s a selection of the most effective treatment.
- Bergamot – This essential oil has a refreshing and uplifting effect. It also possesses a wide range of healing qualities.
- Cedarwood – Calming and soothing, cedar wood essential oil will ease tension, anxiety and can also help to stimulate the libido.
- Chamomile – The harmonising and healing effects of this warming oil are especially good for healing the body to relax after a long day.
- Clary Sage – This essential oil uplifts the body and mind, helping to remove mental haziness and establish greater clarity of thought.
- Frankincense – The calming and head clearing properties of frankincense purify the atmosphere and relax and stimulate the mind.
- Jasmine – The oil from this toxic bloom has a calming and intoxicating effect, which eases the mind and spirit.
- Lavender – This herb has a calming effect, which eases the mind, reducing the effects of stress and relieving stress headaches.
- Melissa – Your nerves will be calmed and your bad emotions purged by the uplifting and purifying effect of Melissa essential oil.
- Orange – Orange has a calming effect on the nervous system. Its fresh and fruity scent will make you feel relaxed and re-invigorated.
- Neroli – Neroli essential oil has a calming and boosting effect on your body, which eases stress and the symptoms of depression.
- Rose – This invigorating and calming oil encourages feelings and eases stress and tension.
- Sandalwood – Sandalwood has a calming and antidepressant effect; the sensual aroma helps boost the spirit and refines the emotions.
Applying your chosen aromatherapy essential oil to your pulse point will have an immediate effect on your spirits. You can expect to feel more relaxed, controlled and capable under the effect of calming oils.
Your Calming Blend – Here is a simple calming blend to create at home :
Panic Attack Blend – Make your own calming perfume and apply it to your pulse points.
- 50 ml grapeseed oil
- 5 drops frankincense
- 5 drops lavender
- 3 drops jasmine
Composition – Certain ingredients found within calming oils affect the body by encouraging it to relax :
- Aldehydes – These lower blood pressure and calm your nervous system to promote feelings of relaxation and well being.
- Esters – Esters are antispasmodic and have a calming effect on the nervous system.