Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body, and crucial to the health of our skin, hair, nails, joints and other connective tissues. Many people supplement with collagen pills, powders, and liquids.
Here are 6 other nutrients that help you collagen pack in an extra punch :
- Vitamin A – It helps in body produce collagen and it supports immune function, vision and healthy skin.
- Vitamin C – It plays a role in collagen production and supports a bright, renewed complexion.
- Zinc – It is another player in collagen synthesis and also used to soothe skin irritation.
- L-arginine – It is needed for collagen accumulation in the body. It boosts production of nitric oxide which supports circulation of oxygen and nutrients.
- Whey protein – It contains all of the essential amino acids (which collagen does not) and supports exercise recovery and muscle growth.
- Hyaluronic acid – It binds collagen to elastic, which gives tissues (like skin) the ability to stretch. It also has hydrating properties.